Thursday, September 25, 2008

How can I Fear?



I have always struggled with being a timid person.
I am not generally shy but, seem to get "shy attacks"
As I have often told my Mom, I would rather witness to someone than order my own burger at McDonalds!
I am also not the most confident person ever, which might be a good thing, however. . .

I'm even so timid that driving scares me to death! This drives my 17 yr old brother crazy!


A few years ago I was having my devotions when I came upon Proverbs 29:25

"The fear of man bringeth a snare, but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe"

I Love this verse! It reminds me not to be afraid, but to trust God, it also says that being afraid is a snare! How true! This verse helps me to be able to witness to adults and teens without being afraid.

I often quote it to myself so that I will remember to not be afraid.

I still have to work on this!

Pray for me!

~Rebecca~



3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I love your blog. I'm also a homeschooler and a believer. My name is Cheyenne and my blog is
www.aslaveofchrist.blogspot.com. I've had trouble witnessing before too, and this is a great verse to meditate on in that situation. I like this verse also because it points out how we are not to fear man, or worry about what others think of us but we are to keep our whole focus on Christ. Because after all we are here to glorify Him.

Cheyenne said...

How'd you get the counter put on the bottom of you page?

~Rebecca~ said...

Hello Cheyenne,
I found that counter at Amazing Counters.

http://www.amazingcounters.com/?ref=gad013

They are free!

Thanks for your comment!

~Rebecca