Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Testimony



I squirmed in my chair, as my hands became sweaty and I started to be afraid.
The Pastor's wife was teaching all about how beautiful Heaven was, and how all the people who accepted Christ as their personal savior would go to Heaven when they died.
I glanced around the room at the other 3rd and 4th graders in that VBS class. Some looked interested.
Then the teacher began to talk about hell, and how those who never accepted Christ would go there when they died.

I was afraid because I didn't want to go to hell.

She then asked to bow our heads.
Then she began to talk.

"Everyone sins, children, adults, grandparents. We all sin, I have sinned and you have too. The Bible tells us, "For all have sinned. . ." and because of our sins we are separated from God forever,"
"But, God loves us so much that He sent His precious Son, Jesus, so that we wouldn't be separated from God. Jesus was born and lived a perfect sinless life. Some people didn't like Jesus because of this, so they planned to kill Jesus! But this was all part of God's plan. Those people who didn't like Jesus hung Him on a cross to die. Jesus willingly died on the cross because He loved us so much!"
"After Jesus died he was buried in a tomb, and a big stone was rolled in front of the door.
But 3 days later that stone rolled away from the door because Jesus was alive! He had beaten death because He was God! When Jesus did this He made a way for you and me to be saved from hell,"
"All you have to do is believe that you are a sinner, and that Jesus died to save you. And you must believe that Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven.
So, what will you choose? Jesus and Heaven? Or yourself which will lead to hell?
Who will you choose?"

I prayed right then and there, and asked Jesus to save me from my sins, and to come into my heart as my personal savior!

That was on July 24, 1997.

I'm so thankful that I accepted Christ!





No comments: