Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Spring Banquet

The day College at my church had their annual Spring banquet recently. The theme this year was Hawaiian. Last year I was unable to go because it was for the day college students only. But this year Justin invited me to go . . . So I went! :)
It was the first banquet Justin and I attended as an "officially- official" courting couple.


The theme was "Hawaiian" - titled "Peaceful Moments".
The decor was Hawaiian, the meal was Hawaiian, and we received Leis too! The guys were to wear Hawaiian shirts and the girls a flowery or cheery-colored blouse.


Me- "Hawaiian-ish"- the blouse did have little hibiscus flowers on it!


Justin's friend Mark adding his own personality to the photo.


Justin in a Hawaiian shirt. Of course for guys dressing "Hawaiian" is easy, just buy a Hawaiian shirt!


Dr. Blaser didn't care for the leis, but he was talked into putting on those sunglasses for us eager photographers! One of the College guys had brought them.


A trio with Violin and Piano Duet.


The Guest Speaker, Bro. Bixler.
He preached a great sermon! Finals are in a few weeks and he was reminding us that even though school will be done for the summer, we should still be actively serving the Lord!


Pastor Townsley, I have never seen Pastor wearing a Lei!


Mallory and I, she is one of my friends who attends the day college. She played the violin in the special.

Justin and I . . . with Leis,

And without Leis!

Time to cleanup and take pictures!


Students showing off their leis for the cameras!


Justin with some of his friends from the college.


Some guys move the welcome sign past Pastor Townsley. The girls did a great job on the chalkboard!


Dr. Blaser, his wife and two of the girls from the college who came up with the theme and did so much work to make the banquet a big success!

The guys getting ready for their pictures . . . I wonder if they were trying to break the record for "most people on a couch at one time'' ????? Or at least how many it would take to break the couch! :) Justin is on the right.

Justin thinks Jared looks better with a palm tree on his head.


All the girls. Unfortunately this pic didn't come out very good, and I forgot my Lei!
I'm standing in the back row on the right.

Justin gave me 30 beautiful Lilies at the end of the banquet! Aren't they pretty?

***

The Banquet was creatively fun, and thoroughly enjoyable! I hope you all enjoyed these pictures! It was a unique event- just the thing needed right before finals!



God Bless,

~Rebecca


4 comments:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Cute theme!
Speaking of breaking couches.....one year, a bunch of my girl cousins, sisters, and I gathered on grandma's twin bed for a crozy/crazy group pic. Unfortunately, the bed didn't make it to see the end of the picture shoot. Never fear! Good ole Uncle Frank came to the rescue and reshaped the bed's frame to almost as good as new!! LOL!!

Katie - Romans 12:1-2 said...

Aw. Looks like you guys had a good time. I'm sure it was fun!

Aimée Noelle said...

Rebecca,
It looks like you had a really good time!!
Aimée

outdoor.mom said...

looks like such a fun event!