Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day


Here in NewEngland it is cold, wet and rainy today.
It was snowing in some parts of my state, in April!!
Very chilly compared to yesterday. (Makes me so glad I put my long sleeve clothing away!)

:)

I also had an exam at school tonight, a rather important one
I get all set to start studying for the exam on Galatians-Philemon when to my horror I realized that I had completely forgotten the Bible reading and text book assignment! So I was studying for quite a long time! I was tempted to skip the reading assignments for once, but didn't. Come to find out 30 points on the exam came from doing the reading. Thankfully I got an 89 on my exam. 2 weeks till finals!

Despite all the "gloominess" of the day, my day was very happy and full of "sunshine".
And it became happier as the evening progressed!
After class I was on my way to chapel and stopped by one of the spots that Justin and I leave notes for each other, and I was pleasantly surprised!




There were flowers for me and a card, because today is our 1 month of courting anniversary!
So, even though we did not see each other it was still a very happy day! The flowers are my favorite color, purple! A very pretty Chrysanthemum plant that I hopefully will be able to keep alive for a long time.

Justin stated in the note that he was so glad that I wanted to keep God first in our courtship, and that both of our parents were encouraging us to serve God in everything. I am so thankful too for the fact that we both have godly parents!

If you had told me last year that I would be celebrating my first month of courtship today, I would have probably laughed. Isn't God wonderful?

Well, I hope you all have a "sunshiney" day!
God Bless,
~Rebecca




2 comments:

bookflutterby said...

Hey! I just stumbled upon your sweet little blog and I'm so glad I did!
Ah leaving notes for eachother is such a cute idea! I wish I had thought of it when I was courting! Hee hee! :D (I'm married now) You have a great blog, and I'm just gonna follow you if you don't mind! :D Have a spectacular day!
Courtney

~Rebecca~ said...

Hello Courtney,

I am happy that my blog is a blessing to you! I am excited to have a new follower! Have a wonderful day too! (the notes are very sweet, I know another married lady who said that she might start doing it with her dear hubby!)

God Bless!

~Rebecca