Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trusting in the Lord


Proverbs 20:24 Man’s goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

***

As part of our courtship, Justin and I are currently reading the book of Proverbs for Daily Devotions.
As I read Proverbs 20 last night, I found many wonderful verses! Verse 24 however jumped out at me.

"24 Man’s goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?"




At times we are prone to worry and become frantic about our future, at least I know I am.
And at times we fret and wonder how God can work through such things. For example, my father lost his job three weeks ago, at first I was ok. The following day it really hit home what had happened and I began to worry and fret; I was miserable with fear and doubts. The "horizon" of life looked suddenly bleak.

That night I took my burden to the Lord, and He took it! At moments I worry some, but not for more than a moment! God gave the victory and the "sun came back out."




This verse tells us how God has chosen the paths our lives and how He knows every part of it. It goes on to ask "How can a anyone know what God's plans are?"

I trusted God with my soul for Eternity, but I struggle to trust Him with the little things in life, and the "big" things too. This is something I am gaining the victory in, very slowly, but surely! And I am learning to take my burdens to the Lord, and leaving them there!




I hope you are encouraged!


God Bless
~Rebecca





2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

great post :-) what a great thing to do for courtship. its good to find out his iterpretation of scriptures and vice versa before you take that big plunge.

nay nay said...

Awesome post! :D