Wednesday, June 24, 2009

God is Good.


God is good. He really is!

The past three weeks have been interesting in trying to get together with Justin and his family!
(if you are new to my blog, I am courting! 3 months so far!)





"Week 1"
I honestly thought we were not going to be able to get together due to a busy week.
Justin surprised me by showing up at church!!!!
:)
I was so shocked and surprised!


"Week 2"
A visit was all ready...then something came up.
Wednesday I received a text from Justin that he was getting out of work early.....
My mom said, "tell him he is invited for dinner!"
It was an hour visit, but it was far better then nothing!
Justin gave me flowers :)


"Week 3"
Tuesday night Justin and his family came over to our house for dinner... but let me back up a little bit. Justin and I had both received our first Jury duty summons. He was the 23rd, while I was today, the 24th. I was very intimidated by the whole idea! I talked about it to my parents and to Justin about my concern. Justin kept telling me that if God wanted me there then I needed to not be afraid and just go with the flow. We both prayed over it... I obviously wanted to be canceled, while he wanted to be canceled so he could go to work (and later come to visit our family) I was still nervous, but Justin helped me put the situation in a new perspective. Monday night Justin called and was canceled. I was so happy! Tuesday came and I was edgy. My turn. :(
The Muzykas were due to arrive at 5:30- same time that I was to call the court. I was both looking forward to that time, and dreading it. (really odd feeling!!) The Muzykas arrived. I said hello very quick then went to my room to make that call. I prayed and prayed as I dialed the number. The pre-recorded message came on... I was not required to appear, Jury duty was canceled!!!! I was soooooooo happy!!! So thankful to God!
Justin was standing in the living room when I came out and I told him my news! He reminded me, "See, God is always in Control,"

So, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the evening! I can't stop praising God for His goodness! I am also so Thankful for all the encouragement Justin gave me.

It was a really nice time that my family spent with the Muzykas!

God is good!

~Rebecca

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Hey! It's been so long. Congratulation that you're courting! My sister is too!!! Do you have a facebook? I just got one. Hope you're doing well! :)

~Rebecca~ said...

Hi Cheyenne! I'm so glad you are back!!!!!

No, I do not use Facebook, just this Blog.

I also hope you are doing well!

~Rebecca

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Congrats on 3 months of courting! :)