Monday, June 22, 2009

Potato & Cheese Casserole

My Dad discovered this delicious recipe in a News paper a few years back. He wrote down the basic idea of the recipe and came home to experiment, after a few tries he found the best "version" It has been dubbed, "Potato & Cheese Casserole".


The ingredient's measurements are "guesstimates" because my Dad was experimenting so much. And we are a larger family so we make more to go around.

But it does need...

Ham
(we cook a whole Ham for one meal, and use the leftovers for this)
Cheese
(We use cheddar)

Potatoes

Milk

Butter

Salt & Pepper


First my Mom slices about 4 or 5 potatoes really thin. Next we boil them to soften them some.


A piece of left-over ham, I trim all the skin and fat off and cube it.


There are oh, 1 inch by 1 inch I guess


We have about 4 cups of cubed Ham.


Next I use the shredder to slice up some extra sharp New York style cheddar.


Everyone in my Family (except Mom and Katelyn) likes extra sharp cheddar!


Now, the potatoes are supposed to be in slices still, however they were accidentally left boiling too long by my Mother.
But it still worked this way.


The casserole is layered, first cheese and ham.
Then potatoes and slices of butter.


I try to spread the potatoes evenly. Then add more ham and cheese, more potatoes, more butter etc.


Afterwards top it with some shredded cheddar, and then we pour about 1 cup of milk over it.



*****

We cover it with foil and pop it in the preheated oven.


Oven is at 400 degrees, we cook it for about a hour.


I wish you could smell how good this is!


I add salt & pepper.
I love this meal, it is so simple and so tasty!!!



God Bless,
~Rebecca


No comments: