Thursday, July 23, 2009

Courtship blessings

This past Monday (the 20th) marked four months of courtship for Justin and I! He was going to try to visit that day but it didn't work out.


On Tuesday Justin was able to visit for about 45 minutes before he had to go to work. I was waiting by my room's window and I saw his car drive up. It was pouring rain that day! Still as he came up the walkway I opened the window and leaned out a bit and I said "Hello!" ... Sure I got wet, but, who cares? Justin brought flowers and a card- Although it was a rushed visit it was a very nice. The pictures in this post are of the bouquet- I think it is the most beautiful arrangement I have ever seen!

Since Justin is going to a camp to be a counselor next week, and since calling doesn't seem to be a possibility, we wrote 5 letters to each other for that week, Justin gave me his letters on Tuesday, I have to wait about 4 more days till I can read the first one!! The suspense!!-- Justin included a pack of FriXion pens (erasable gel ink... I love these pens!) and two Twix bars. Ain't he sweet?


Wednesday morning rolled 'round and I was at the kitchen table with my parents. I do not remember how it came up, but one of my parents suggested the possibility of visiting Justin's home church that night. As a surprise to Justin.

My Mom contacted Mrs. Muzyka and plans were set.
Well, we arrived at the church, and Mr. and Mrs. Muzyka was there, Jessica was there, Justin was not there... he had been delayed at work.

So, I sat down to wait.

Just as the service was about to begin Mrs. Muzyka went into the hallway, to return a few minutes later with a young man who was smiling sooo big that if it was any bigger his ears would have fallen off!

Justin had seen our van in the parking lot (can't miss it, great big green Maxi van!!) And thought, "wait, that looks like Rebecca's family's van,- No, it can't be! What would they be doing up here??"
A closer inspection revealed that there were car seats in the back, "It is their van!!"

So, the surprise was pulled off, not exactly as planned, but Justin was very surprised!
After service we were able to visit with the Muzyka's for a little bit. It was a wonderful time!

To my parents- thankyou soooo much for arranging the visit! I love you both so much and am so thankful to both of you!!

:)

God is good.



God bless,
~Rebecca

5 comments:

Kathy said...

We Love you too Rebecca! I am glad that you had a good time. Only a few weeks left and school will be back in session. Love you much, Mom

George said...

How nice! Thank you for sharing this! I miss you!
Love,
Haley

Jennifer said...

Aww..that is so sweet:) I love hearing of stories like this:)

Lina said...

The flowers are so beautiful! I'm glad you got to see Justin on Wednesday - how nice to return the surprise! :)

TABB's MOMMA said...

Very Precious, Rebecca! The flowers are truly beautiful!

Robin