Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Surprise

If you are a reader of this blog then you should remember that Justin is at a camp this week as a counselor. As I also mentioned before it is not possible for us to talk this week, or a get-together.

However... God is So GOOD, and with Him all things are possible.

Every week this summer even if it seemed impossible God always arranged some form of a get-together.

So, I was not entirely surprised when things started happening!

The night we went up to Justin's church to surprise him, his Mom talked to mine, I found out later. She asked if she and Mr. M. could take me up to GBC Camp as a surprise for Justin. My parents agreed.

The M's came to pick me up Tuesday and we began the hour long drive to the camp,
Enjoy the pictures and videos!


Mrs. Mu and myself. We are waiting by the fire pit while Mr. M went to get Justin.


Anna, Justin's pastor's daughter and Jessica M.


Some of the campers. I heard that there is 60+ kids attending.


After a few moments Justin came up the path. The surprise was a success!
He had asked his dad,"So, did you bring anyone?"
Mr. M said no, he didn't bring anyone.
When Justin saw me he turned to his dad and said, "I thought you said you didn't bring anyone!!"
Mr. M smiled, "Well, she isn't just anyone, She is a special someone."


Justin told me he had been hoping that they would bring me up to visit.
So, then I was able to find out all about the camp.

(thankyou Anna for taking those pics for me!!)

Also, the week of letters has been wonderful! I have enjoyed every one! Justin included details of the usual schedule for their day at camp, I have enjoyed that very much!


Justin being a counselor. The kids have to memorize verses from Psalm 119.
(This is Justin's cousin Mikey)


This is the fire pit, nice and big. It had been a hot day, but by the evening things had cooled off a bit. Justin and other counselors are adding wood.


Campers lining up to go to chapel.


Mrs. and Mr. M,


The brown building is the church,


A group from a church singing.
(Galina, that is Kristina K. from College in the middle!)


Justin is on the left, his sister Jessica is on the right. These are all people from Justin's home church. Jessica did a lovely solo in the song.


video

You can watch them sing!!



The song leader, we sang some great choruses!


Group from Pensacola performing a very funny skit.


video
This is a classic "film making" skit, a "director" trying to get a usable performance from a group of "actors". They are three different performances- "angry", "super-heroes", and "Shakespeare"

The scene is a boy gets injured, his mom calls the Dr, but the Dr. is delayed.


The girls watching the skit


The group from Pensacola sang a great song!


video



Pastor Greer preached a wonderful sermon from the Book of Daniel, on Shadrach, Meshach and Abendnego's being thrown in the fiery furnace.
( Did you know that their Hebrew names are Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah?)

Afterwards we went back down to the campground and had snack. Justin got a Twix bar for us to share. (ain't he sweet?) I did take a few pics, but it was very dark and the pics did not come out well.

"All too soon" it was time to head back!


Thankyou so much to both my Mom and Dad and to Mr. and Mrs. M!
I had a great time!

God Bless,
~Rebecca



1 comment:

TABB's MOMMA said...

How Sweet! Both you and Justin have very special parents! What a blessing for you both!

Robin