Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wonder


Life is full of unexpected surprises.
Justin told me a few days ago that it has been exactly a year since he decided to try to befriend me. The fall semester of 2008 was almost over before I caught on that something new was happening in my life. I chuckle now... in early fall 2008 I was wondering if I would ever find someone!! My mother chided me, "You are only 19, a little early to despair!!!"
I knew she was right, but from my point of view the only young men I knew were, well, very strange... to say the least. Not what I was looking for!!


And to think that amid my "despair" someone was watching!
I had worried (foolishly) that my large family, our homeschooling ways, and unusual conservative standards would not endear me to anyone. Yet, those were the very things that caused Justin to notice. He said that he noticed our family was different and that we had high standards... and that was exactly what he was looking for.


So girls, wear your long flowing skirts and buns in your hair with the biggest of smiles!! Love your family, and uphold your standards. I know the doubts and discouragements... but remember God has made someone just for you!! He is looking for a young lady, just like you.
Dare to be like Daniel in the Bible. If your a saved young Girl, you are a Daughter of the King!! Stand apart from the crowd, and make a difference! You never know how God will bless you!

America needs godly young "Preacher Boys" to stir up our country and turn the people's hearts back to God. Those same young men need godly young women to assist them along the way!!
God has a plan for your life and mine... following His plan is the best thing you can ever do!



Standing by a purpose true,
Heeding God's command,
Honor them, the faithful few!
All hail to Daniel's band!

Dare to be a Daniel,
Dare to stand alone!
Dare to have a purpose firm!
Dare to make it known.

Many mighty men are lost
Daring not to stand,
Who for God had been a host
By joining Daniel's band.

Dare to be a Daniel,
Dare to stand alone!
Dare to have a purpose firm!
Dare to make it known.

God bless,
~Rebecca






5 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you so much for this post! I may be the girl who has studied like crazy to find out what God says about courting, but it doesn't stop me from getting discouraged. And this post was a HUGE encouragement to me! I am going to be 19 in 2 weeks and I have to admit, I've been wondering (foolishly, of course) if there really is a guy out there for me. It has been a true blessing to me to read about the journey you and Justen are taking! I can't wait to see what God has planned for my life. Thanks again!

Michaila said...

What a wonderful post! I know a few ladies who have never married and sometimes I find myself worrying if I will never get married, even though I know God's Will is perfect. I have to keep reminding myself I have plenty of time and God already knows who I'm going to meet one day. It's so nice to read about your courtship journey! it is encouraging to hear about how God is blessing you for doing the right thing.

A Sister Through Christ
~Michaila

Paulina said...

Thank you for such an encouraging post! Sometimes I wonder when or if I'll ever find a guy who has the same standards as me. But God is faithful and He knows the desires of our hearts!

TABB's MOMMA said...

Very precious, Rebecca!

It is always amazing to see what GOD does in our lives, when we let Him!When we rush ahead and make our own plans, we find they are not nearly as wonderful as we thought they would be. But GOD.. wow always perfection in our lives!

It is exciting to read what God is doing for you and Justin!

Robin

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful post! Makes me wish that my parents would have been more diligent when it came to guarding my heart.....

best wishes