Sunday, September 6, 2009

Secret Trip

We were going to go to a fair this past weekend, but we sorta got rained out...
So Mom and Dad loaded us into our big green Maxi van, and we were off to a "Secret Somewhere"


We saw Sky Scrapers!!!


And we saw our State Capital along the way...


The "secret Somewhere" was Cabela's!


So we headed in!! I wondered what it was like in there.


Dad pushing the stroller!

I had never been to Cabela's before~ WOW!!
It is like a free museum! There were tons of Dioramas and exhibits! The place was stunning! There is a "mountain" right in the middle of the building!


Fishing for a bargain!

Matt is totally oblivious that he is supposed to smile for the camera!! This section was actually a mini museum for real.


Bonjour Canadian Moose!


White tail Doe

Look at Stephie's face!!! HAHA! Sooo cute!
Mom, Jeremiah, Matthew and Stephanie

My brother and I,
:)

"Shall we dance?"


Matt's impersonation of a fish...

The ONLY reason I'm posting this is so I can declare...
"I hate Geico's advertising!!!" I mean it is sooo lame!

Wow, I feel so much better now!!
:)
****


Way too many caption possibilities...
"A Collin-kabob"

***
"Now I see your point"
"Freshly-speared Collin"
"And this is what happened when my bother and I went out fishing for swordfish...(I had them both mounted in memory of him,) I told him not to lean so close to the rail!!"



Collin and Brandon trying on the sunglasses...


As did Daddy,


...Stephie...

...Jeremiah,


And me!!

****
My little siblings trying the shooting safari game.


Collin trying his hand at the shooting gallery...


Isn't this pathetic? A tent for adults... and my 3 yr old sister just barely fits!!
Tenting is really roughing it... what's wrong with a nice cabin/ camper/RV??????

Apparently my darling brother is an "Exclusive" $99.99...


Boys... gotta try all the hammocks.


"Lulla-bye and goodnight, go to sleep little Collin...."
How would you like to sleep in that in the middle of no-where????
Tents don't seem so bad to me anymore!!!


Hey hey!! an In-closed "porch"... wow, this tent is nice an big and roomy!!!
hmmm... ok, tenting seems a bit better now...

:) course it had a nice "big" price too!!

****


At first Jeremiah thought that this was a pair of binoculars....

But upon closer inspection...

These are Flashlights??????
We had a great laugh over this!!!!!!!!


More of the Mountain exhibit.

Ok, before going to Cabela's, I never realized how BIG a moose can get!!!!!! WOW!


On the Mountain exhibit a wolf pack hunting an elk... if you know me you know that I really like wolves!!

The creature to the right is similar to a Thomson's gazelle, a beautiful little creature!!


Check out the air plane!!


Taking a break before moving on...

A Bull Elephant in the African diorama.



a Zebra being "hunted" by a rather young male lion.

Different types of antelope/deer/impalas/gazelles etc. etc. etc.



And then we headed back home, it was a fun day!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!
God Bless,
~Rebecca


2 comments:

Katie said...

We have a Cabela's about 45 minutes from our house. I love to go there!!

God's Been Good said...

That is so neat! Looks like ya'll had fun!

Jennifer