Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cheer Up!

I was visiting some blogs and it appears that so many of us young ladies are discouraged! I know I haven't been my usual cheery self either...ok ok, yeah, I've been very glum.
So I decided to do something about it! Here is a "Cheer up, it ain't so bad" post just for you and me!


Ok, First, let's count our blessings!

*****
Count Your Blessings
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,

And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.


Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.




When you look at others with their lands and gold,

Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;

Count your many blessings—wealth can never buy

Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.



So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;

Count your many blessings, angels will attend,

Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.




Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done!


Matthew 5:4
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Romans 8:31
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.



Now Smile!
And think about all God has done for us,
I feel better now too!

If this helped, let me know. If you are discouraged leave a comment, I will pray for you!

God Bless,
~Rebecca

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for this post..you posted it right as I needed it:) I've been feeling down a lot and this post helped me. Thank you so much!!
Jennifer

Katie said...

Okay, that made my day! It cheered me up too! :) Great post Rebecca!

Michelle said...

Rebecca,
Miss Michelle here. Great post. I wanted to let you know that I mentioned your site in my post today. I also linked to you. I am hoping the girls in my youth group will visit your site and be encouraged. Keep up the good work. I am praying for you!

Love,
Mrs. Wilkins

George said...

Thanks Rebecca! :)
Haley

George said...

Thank you Becca!!! I haven't been feeling very happy myself lately but I just need to stop and remember all Jesus has done for me and how much he's blessed me. Thanks for the post!
~Natalia (Ta'el)