Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Handel's Messiah

I was walking along in Church Sunday night, just chatting away with Justin when two college guys came up.
"We need more sopranos to sing in the College Choir this Wednesday, would you be willing? We are singing the Hallelujah Chorus from the Messiah,"
I said yes, I've sung parts from the Messiah twice, and I had always wished I could somehow sing with the College Choir, as the night one doesn't have a choir.
It was like a "dream come true" I would get to sing the Chorus again WITH the NEBC Choir!!

Then I went, "WAIT a minute! I haven't seen the music in a year, It's this Wednesday? What do I wear??? When is rehearsal???" Nervousness abounded, what on earth was I thinking by saying yes?
My Sweet Justin said "Don't worry, you'll do fine,"
My loving parents said, "Don't worry, you'll do fine,"

"Lord!?" I prayed.

Don't worry, Don't worry, Don't worry!

Well, went to the rehearsal Wednesday night, and it was like I've sung it all my life.
Isn't God so good to always have people to tell me to not worry?



God bless,
~Rebecca

2 comments:

Miss Emily said...

Ya'll did a wonderful job! And I absolutely love your outfit, very cute!

God bless!
Emily <3

Katie said...

Oh Rebecca, thats so cool that you were able to do that! And it sounded awesome! : )