How we met and started courting... first off, my church has a day college, NEBC and a night college, NESB Justin attends NEBC, I attend NESB.
1. We met at the NEBC/ NESB Christmas banquet of 2008,
(no true interest in him on my part beforehand but I did think he was a nice, friendly guy.)
I ended up sitting by myself, facing an empty chair...(not of my own choosing But now I know it was God's plan ) when he came over and asked to sit with me. I said yes...we talked and talked about all kinds of things....which I thought very interesting .
Justin asked me a question, about what I thought the Lord wanted for my life... I answered that I was surrendered to be a pastor's wife, or a missionary (or missionary's wife)...he said, "Well,um, what about a Christian school teacher's, or Principle's wife?" I thought that kinda odd, but I didn't realize what was going on in his head!!
"Yes,...whatever God wants that's what I want,"
He sighed a relieved sigh...I never realized till later why he was so relieved! Justin later told me he was scared to death when I mentioned pastor or missionary ONLY! Justin's major is 2ndary education.
2. Christmas break was immediately afterwards, a whole month wondering what exactly happened at that banquet. We had absolutely no contact till college resumed. I will tell you one thing, I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed (He did too )
3. College classes resume for NEBC and NESB. First time I see him, we talked and talked about our Christmases...we were becoming friends...and I was liking him a bit more...I realized Justin was repeatedly coming over to say hi to me and to talk after church, and we were becoming friends. I was determined NOT to have feelings for anyone as well and guard my heart. I decided that I would not allow feelings until it was completely obvious that he was having feelings for me. I repeatedly begged God, "If he isn't the one don't let me even like him as a friend If he is the one, flood my soul with peace!" God answered my prayer, and I had such peace and joy.
4. The NEBC/NESB Valentine banquet was coming. Justin asked my father's permission to take me with my parents as chaperons. My father gave his permission. Justin asked me if I would go with him(....I still remember that sigh of relief and that huge grin on his face when I agreed ) At the banquet Justin told me that he liked me, that something was different about me and he would like to get to know me better. He asked if I liked him...the answer was a cautious yes . He gave me a card signed "With love, Justin"--- I found that quite interesting.
5. We began to leave little Hi how are you, hope your week is going well notes for each other on campus. Also, something cute started.... I found this quote... Draw a circle not a heart around the one you love, for the heart can break, but a circle goes on forever I would draw a u with a circle around it. My way of saying, " you know what? I do like you...maybe even love you,"
6. Justin's family came to visit my family, at this point we were an unofficial courting couple I guess.
7. March the 20th 2009 he asked my Dad for permission to start courting, that night he asked me. I said yes. With no hesitation
On December the 11th 2009 (three days away!!!!!!) Justin and I are attending the Christmas Banquet... it's been one very amazing year!! I cannot thank God enough for giving me someone so sweet and wonderful and handsome as Justin.
I can't wait to see what God is going to do!!
Although this one was blurry...it was too funny...my brother jumped in!!!!!