Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mémère


My great Grandmother(or Mémère as is the french word for grandma)passed away this week quite suddenly. Mémère was 94, and the sweetest little old french lady you could have ever known. I will miss her alot. She was quite the woman! Spunky with a great sense of humor!

Mémère was my Dad's grandmother.
Here she is with with her granddaughter Jessica...


And Jessica's little sister Alexandra spends a moment with Mémère.

Mémère with just some of her family.


With just some of her children, I believe she had at least 12 children.... or more. My Dad's mom is the one standing.

Mémère, my mom (expecting yours truly) and Grandma (my Dad's mom)


My uncle Mark and my dad with Mémère.


The little girl in the jumper is me!


2006

2007


My sisters and I with Mémère.


All my siblings!!!


In 2009 mémère was walking in a hallway and her hip broke, she fell and it broke two more times. She was placed in the very nursing home that my church was holding services in. After several months her leg and hip healed and she was able to go home.

In mémère's apartment there were always pictures all over the place! The two children picture here is my brother and I.

My Dad's cousins made this big poster-board for her too!

This was taken in late 2009 this was the last time we saw her.

Please pray for my family and extended family. Thankyou, and God bless,

~Rebecca

3 comments:

Covey Family said...

We will be praying for you. I'm sorry to hear of your great-grandma's passing, it sounded like you were close.


sarah

Miss Emily Rachael said...

I'm praying for you family! I'm sorry for your loss, the pictures were beautiful!

Emily <3

linda said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers