Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Journal



When I was 17 I started a special journal, one where every entry is actually a letter. I wrote letters in it to the man I will someday marry. It was such relief to "write to him" even if I didn't know who he was.
I'm still doing it, even though I do write Justin letters.

I wrote all sorts of things, dreams, hopes, scripture, burdens, prayers, songs, and poems.

When I was in the process of surrendering it all to God I realized I could "fall in Love" without knowing who he was to be. I prayed for this nameless, faceless, person and just honestly loved someone I didn't know.

And then, I met him. Now I pray for a person who has a name, a face, and a soul.

I'm thinking about doing more posts on my own courting process... leave me a comment at my blog and let me know what you think... what does a young lady like you want to know about the practice of an actual courtship?

I know other girls are doing this too!
Just imagine the sweetness of that moment when you give this book to your future husband, he will be so amazed to read the letters of love, from a young Lady who at the time had not yet met him! It will be a testimony of how you kept your heart for him, and trusted in God.

I told Justin about my journal several months ago, :) his response was one of total amazement and joy, he told me he is looking forward to reading it someday.

May God richly bless you!!!

~Rebecca


2 comments:

Kate said...

Rebecca, What is a wonderful idea.
You are so very creative, and I glean so much knowledge & encouragement from you and your blog.
I think that I shall start a journal like that also. What a BLESSING!!!
GOD be with you! Jeremiah 33:3

Love in CHRIST,
Kate Roy

All Things Lovely said...

So cool to read this! I have been doing this same thing for my future husband, but he hasn't come along yet. I plan on giving it to him on our honeymoon. I pray your fiance/soon-to-be husband will be so blessed when he reads your precious words of love.