Thursday, June 10, 2010

Engagement: Our Journey Continues


Thankyou so much to everyone for your sweet comments!!! It has been so exciting to read your lovely notes and to "meet" a few of you who have been reading my blog and following our journey.

Wednesday night Justin came down to my home church and Pastor Townsley was surprised by our news! When Pastor made the announcement everyone in the church gasped and we heard some "ooh!"!! Pastor then asked Justin to come up and pray before the offering... "so we all can see what a happy person looks like," :)

This was the moment it finally hit home for me... We are engaged!! We are going to get married!!!!

... planning is already getting started, and we are praying over the date of the wedding and what the Lord has planned for us.

I look at my ring, and I smile.
If you had talked to me a year and a half ago, I would have never dreamed that today I would be wearing this beautiful ring. I never would have dreamed that the man I have come to love so much would have asked me to marry him just a few days ago.

Love is not an emotion only, it is a determination. A choice. This is something the Lord has taught me throughout our courtship.

-- A couple people have asked if we are sticking to the "no-touch" rules.
Yes, pretty much all the rules we set at the beginning are staying.

Thankyou all again so much for your sweet comments!!!


Click to play this Smilebox photo album: Always
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
Photo album generated with Smilebox


I made a SmileBox to send to my relatives via email to announce that we are engaged, and it came out so nice that I wanted to share it with you all too!

God bless,
~Rebecca

3 comments:

linda said...

I have enjoyed getting to know you thru your blog. I love your engagement story and can't wait to hear about your wedding plans. God Bless you Both and again congratulations from a friend in Colorado.

Rachel M. said...

That's beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your story with us; may our heavenly Father continue to surround you both with His everlasting peace and strength through Him alone. God bless your marriage abundantly! :)

Danielle said...

Many years of happiness to you.