Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Banquet Tonight... Memories


Tonight is the College Valentine Banquet!!
Justin and I are attending, and my parents bought tickets for this year too!
I am looking forward to this evening!

Justin and I will be celebrating more then Valentine's day though.

Soon it will be under 6 months till the wedding!!

God bless,
~Rebecca


Amber Noella asked if this was where we first met....
The first time we actually talked to each other was in fact at the Valentine Banquet of 2008, my brother's best friend asked me to go with him since he was shy and knew me since I was like 3 years old. lol.

But Justin happened to be at the table we were sitting at, and to be quite honest Justin and I were the only ones talking that evening!! I remeber thinking that he was a pretty neat guy, and that I would enjoy talking to him again. He was so funny, and liked to talk! (A fact I have enjoyed!) I hoped he would... but he didn't!!!

According to Justin... at the end of the spring semester of 2008, he began to wonder if the Lord was leading him to try to get to know me better, and if maybe I was "the one."

Well, he got back for the fall semester of 2008.
He noticed I still was not "taken" and began praying about me, and trying to talk to me.
I however did not notice his many attempts! My Dad did though... lol.

By November I slowly started noticing him. God kept doing little things that put us together. I started to like him, and secretly hoped that maybe, just maybe he would ask me to go with him to the Christmas banquet.

He didn't.

BUT.... it was because he really wanted to, but wanted to wait on the Lord.
I went anyways. And I ended up sitting all alone, facing an empty chair.

Justin saw.

"Can I sit with you?"

I happily said yes.

And that's how it all got started.

:)

3 comments:

Amber Noella said...

Wasn't this where you guys met?

Have fun!!

~Rebecca~ said...

The first time we actually talked to each other was at the Valentine Banquet of 2008, my brother's best friend asked me to go with him since he was shy and knew me since I was like 3 years old. lol.

But Justin happened to be at the table we were sitting at, and t be quite honest Justin and I were the only ones talking that evening!!

We officially "met and knew it" at the Christmas Banquet of 2008. :)

Angel said...

Hello Rebecca!

I just came across your page, while blog surfing, and what a sweet story! You sound so happy. Best wishes to you and your fiance. :D

You have sucha lovely blog here. What lovely and encouraging posts you write. :)

Have a wonderfully, blessed day!
Angel