Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our Story...part 1



At last! An official "how it all happened" post on here...
How Justin and I met.

Our Story,
It was the day before the start of the fall semester of 2007 and I was signed up as a freshmen in the Night College. My best friend, Galina, was starting her freshmen year at the Day College.
Now that I was a "college student"- I was able to attend the college Sunday school class.
As a nervous 18 year old, I walked into a classroom filled with new young faces, only a few students I knew from previous years, since I attend the church that runs both the evening and day colleges.

I scanned the room for Galina, but she wasn't there yet, and only a few chairs were available in the crowded class room. I walked in and quickly sat down at a front row desk. A new freshmen college student was sitting to my left.
"Hi," I said.
"Hi, I'm Justin," he answered.
"I'm Rebecca, nice to meet you," I replied.
At that moment Galina walked in and I began chatting with her....

I didn't talk to Justin again...until the Valentine Banquet of 2008.

My brother's friend Mark L, someone I have known since we were toddlers, asked me to go with him to the banquet. He was not to enthusiastic asking a girl he didn't know and so... I went with him since he knew me!

The table we ended up being assigned to sit at had an engaged couple, a girl and guess who? That college guy Justin. Well, truth be told only Justin and I talked that entire evening at our table! (lol, at least that is how I remember it...)


We talked about our favorite board games as I can recall. I thought he was a pretty nice guy, and I wondered if he would become one of my friends after that banquet. (I was not interested in him yet tho...)

We never spoke to each other again the rest of that semester!

So, I shrugged my shoulder, "oh well,"
He did strike me as a rather peculiar sort of guy....
Summer break begins....

"By the end of the school year, looking back I could hear the Lord say, "What about her? She is the One, just wait," about a certain someone. I had seen her too. A student at the Night school, Rebecca M, I had been friendly with no other thought then, "Maybe" " -Justin M.


part II to follow!



2 comments:

Turtleheart said...

Wahh, I can't wait for part 2 now :)

HIS daughter said...

YAYAYAYA! I cant wait for part 2 either!!! Love you girl :)
Katy