Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Story....part II

Our Story, part II

"...I was excited to finally be back in school, and had re-acquainted myself with Rebecca... I found myself seeking more time with her as the school year progressed. I started glancing in her direction more often, realizing there was potential there. I sought the Lord and did not receive a red light, so I continued pursuing a friendship with her." -Justin

The fall semester of 2008 had begun.
I had taken a break from college classes for this semester, because I wasn't sure what the Lord wanted me to do. I had started an application process to the day college for the secretarial course, but felt that this was not what God had for me.

Around late September, my best friends' family -Galina and her sister Haley- moved several states away. I was practically devastated. I didn't have any other friends at the time, and didn't really know the college girls my age. I was busy though!

In November my family *tried* to take a family picture, and with 10 people it was quite the experience! When I went to Sunday school that morning, I had no one to share my funny story with! I missed Galina sooo bad! I looked around the room and noticed Justin sitting across from me. I just started telling him about it. He had been hanging around my brother Collin alot, and I thought they were good friends. (ahem...didn't know he had another reason for doing that!)

A few weeks later....

My church began a kids' Bible program once a month, on a Friday night, called "Kingdom Kids". I was one of several teachers for this program and we were always looking for helpers!
I asked one of the college guys to "come help watch a crowd of excited kids"
"I'm working that night, sorry," Kris said.
"Oh, do you know if any other guys are available?" I asked.
Kris scanned the church auditorium, "Hmmm...go try Justin- he isn't talking to anyone right now,"
I bounded up to Justin and explained the situation,
"Sure, I can come, what time?" he said.

I taught the lesson that night, it was quite an exciting story and I was VERY animated. I remember asking Justin what he thought of the lesson when it was done, "Those kids didn't move! You really kept their attention!"

A few days later I thanked Justin for coming by to help out.
"Hey, by the way, how did you know I was off of work Friday?" he asked.
"I didn't know, must've been the Holy Spirit!" I smiled and walked away.
(what I later found out was that he couldn't figure out how I knew he was off of work he NEVER got Friday nights off, and just happened to that night. He thought maybe I was interested in him and asking people about him. not yet!! lol)

I did like him, but struggled.
I didn't want to have another crush!
I tried to not think about guys at all by that point.

But the Christmas banquet was coming....
I wondered if maybe this nice guy was going to ask me to go with him....
or if I would have to go alone.

Part III on its way!

~Rebecca



4 comments:

Amber Noella said...

oooooh! Can't wait ;) This is suspensful!

grace kay said...

ha ha He thought you were asking around about him?? lol i'd like to hear his version of events ;)

waiting for part 3!!

HIS daughter said...

LOVE IT!!! :) I like his opinion too! :)
LOVE YOU! :)

Angie said...

I'm on pins and needles! Can't wait to hear the rest. :D