Thursday, June 23, 2011

Meeting Katy and Jason

Monday, June 20th 2011.

Justin came over for supper and after the dishes were done and all we sat on the couch and looked at apartments online. Our attention was elsewhere since we were waiting for Katy and Jason to arrive!

Around 8:38pm I got the text from Katy "We are here!"

8:39pm I was running outside to meet here!
With great laughter and joy Katy and I got to meet each other for the first time and give great big hugs! Jason and Justin just stood there enjoying this crazy excitement.

Katy and I!
I still can't believe we pulled this off! We owe it to the Lord for working this out, and a big thanks to Katy's husband for bringing her down to visit!


Here we all are!
So that was Monday.

Tuesday morning came, I still couldn't believe that Katy and Jason were here! It felt like a dream! lol
Jason here was playing with my sisters while Katy showed me her wedding photos online.

Later that day Katy and I went out shopping together for wedding stuff and some blouses and skirts. It was so much fun! Jason went with Justin to help him pick out clothes for the groomsmen for the wedding.

By the time Katy and I got back to the house the guys were still out. My parents had arranged to take us all out for dinner that evening.
So, for the fun of it- Katy and I got all fancied up for our guys.
Justin was surprised when he saw me.
It was SO MUCH FUN!


We went to Ruby Tuesday for supper, and ended up swapping meals.
lol.

Don't we look cute? :)


After dinner we went on a tour of my home church, Katy played piano and we sang a few hymns together.

Sweet memories

It was too funny how the guys were both wearing green!
Aren't we a pair of cute couples???

My dad took this photo, its hanging on the wall in my church.

That verse is so true!
We finished Tuesday evening by watching a few episodes of "I Love Lucy"

On Wednesday Jason played with Katelyn one last time.

She adopted Jason! :)

Those two were so funny together.

My sisters loved spending time with Katy and Jason!


Wednesday afternoon Katy and Jason left for Florida, I miss her already!
This meeting was such a gift from God!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28

So, looking forward to someday seeing her again!

I got let in on her news during the visit.
:)
You can visit Katy's blog here 110% Surrendered.


God bless,
~Rebecca

3 comments:

Purposely at Home said...

YAY! HOW FUN!!!

Amber Noella said...

Wow! Sooo happy you two met! And I can't wait for YOUR wedding!

~SALLY~ said...

That is so cool that you got to meet!! I love that first picture of you girls...she looks like a really fun person to be around! LOL!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! :)