Thursday, July 21, 2011

Corsages and Boutonnieres

What do you do,
when you need corsages and boutonnieres for your wedding,
and real flowers cost $186 total?

You find another option.

I created all the bouts and corsages needed for parents and grandparents for my wedding.
I bought fabric flowers (roses, leaves, small daisies) at a dollar store.
I found at home 2 shades of purple ribbons, floral tape, craft wire, sewing items and wire cutters.
I looked up images of corsages and bouts online and then set to work

The finished product.

All in all I made about 14 (parents, grandparents, and other assorted wedding assistants) over the course of 6 hours

What would have cost $186 cost only $6

I saved us $180!!!!!

God is good!

God bless,
~Rebecca

4 comments:

Angel said...

Oh wow Rebekah! They're beautiful! The fact you created them personally for your special day makes them even more amazing . :D Fantastic job! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Angel

Carrie said...

Wow, those are beautiful!! So gorgeous, and no one will know the difference. =) Thank you for sharing, they are so pretty!!!!!

~SALLY~ said...

Wow! Very clever idea, Rebekah! They look better than anything I could ever think up...LOL! :)

Purposely at Home said...

Wow! That's amazing. And they turned out beautiful!